Summertime is the perfect time to go camping with your friends and family. There’s nothing quite like spending a weekend in the great outdoors, surrounded by nature. But if you’re like most guys, you probably don’t want to give up your beard just because you’re going camping.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide on how to take care of your beard while camping! We’ll give you some tips and tricks for keeping your beard looking its best while you’re out in the wilderness.
Checklist for Taking Care of Your Beard While Camping
Pack a beard oil or balm. This will help keep your beard moisturized and looking its best.
- Bring a comb or brush to help keep your beard groomed.
- Pack beard shampoo and conditioner, if needed.
- Consider packing some beard oil or balm to help keep your beard moisturized.
- If you’re going to be spending a lot of time in the sun, make sure to pack sunscreen for your face.
How to Wash Your Beard While Camping
We recommend washing your beard before you leave as you may not have access to running water while you’re camping.
If you do need to wash your beard while camping, make sure to use gentle beard shampoo and conditioner.
- Fill up a clean bowl or bucket with fresh, clean water.
- Add a small amount of beard shampoo to the water and mix it around.
- Submerge your beard in the water and massage the shampoo into your facial hair.
- Rinse your beard thoroughly with clean water.
- Apply a small amount of conditioner to your beard, if desired.
- Rinse your beard with clean water again.
What to avoid while taking care of your beard
Don’t forget to take a few minutes each day to groom your beard. This will help keep it looking its best.
- Try to avoid products that are not specifically meant for beards.
- Avoid eating greasy foods while you’re camping. This will likely make your beard look dirty and oily.
- If you’re going to be swimming in lakes or rivers, make sure to rinse your beard off afterward. Chlorine and other chemicals can be harmful to your beard hair and skin.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! A sunburn on your face can be very uncomfortable, not to mention damaging to your beard hair.
So there you have it! Our guide on how to take care of your beard while camping. We hope these tips will help you keep your beard looking its best while you’re out in the wilderness! Thanks for reading!
For an in-depth guide on how to take care of your beard check NorthBarber.com
Q. What if I forget to pack shampoo or conditioner?
A. If you forget to pack shampoo or conditioner, you can use a gentle soap instead. Be sure to rinse your beard thoroughly afterward.
Q. Can I use hair gel on my beard while camping?
A. We don’t recommend using hair gel on your beard while camping, as it can be difficult to wash out in the wilderness. Stick to beard oils and balms instead.
Q. Can I swim in lakes or rivers while camping?
A. Yes, you can swim in lakes and rivers while camping. Just be sure to rinse your beard off afterward with clean water. Chlorine and other chemicals can be harmful to your beard hair and skin.
Q. What if I get a sunburn on my face while camping?
A. If you get a sunburn on your face while camping, aloe vera gel can help soothe the pain and inflammation. You may also want to apply a cold compress to your skin.
Q. I’m going camping in the winter. Do I need to do anything different for my beard?
A. If you’re going camping in the winter, we recommend using heavier beard oil or balm to help keep your beard moisturized. You might also want to consider packing a hat or scarf to protect your face from the cold weather.